Permits and Inspections
Permits and Inspections Fees
- Inspection Fee for 80% to 100% and 1st Follow-up: $100
- New Construction 2nd Follow-up: $200
- Sprinkler Plan Review
- $.50 per head
- $50 minimum
- Fire Alarm Plan Review
- $.50 per device
- $50 minimum
- Hood Suppression System: $50 per system
- Building / Civil Plan Review: $60 set
- Administrative Permits (copy of Fire, EMS and Burn Permits): $5 per each
- Special Events Permits
- Up to 100 people: $50
- 101 to 300 people: $100
- 301 or more people: $150
- Inspection Fees
- Initial Inspection: $0
- 1st Follow up: $0
- 2nd Follow up: $100
- 3rd Follow up: $150
Permits are issued from October 1 through April 30 of each year. The statewide burn ban is May 1 through September 30 of each year. Burn permits may be obtained in person from the Fire Marshall's office located at 606 King Arnold St, Hapeville, GA 30354. You may also call our offices at (404) 766-4190.
The following requirement must be met in order to burn:
- Have a water source available at all times.
- Never burn when winds are 10 miles per hour or greater.
- Piles of debris (yard debris only) may not be greater than 5 feet by 5 feet.
- Never leave the burning debris unattended at any time.
- All burning must be kept at least 25 feet from any structure at all times.
- Burning "may not" be conducted in cloudy conditions.
- All burning will only be allowed between dawn and dusk. The fire must be extinguished before dusk.
- State burn ban for Metro counties begins May 1 and ends on September 30 of every year.