Transient Merchant Application Process
How to Apply for a Transient Merchant Permit
The City of Hapeville offers two types of Transient Merchant permits:
- Ninety (90) Day Permit - $100.00 fee; commence on the day of issuance
- Three (3) Day Permit - $50.00 fee; three consecutive days as expressly stated on the permit
Download an application (PDF). Please check which permit you are applying for at the top of the application. All applications must be accompanied with the following documents:
- An executed indemnity agreement (PDF) indemnifying and releasing the City, its agents, employees, and elected officials from any and all liability against any and all claims, actions, and suits of any type whatsoever arising in connection with the activities of the Transient Merchant;
- Copy of an approved permit from the local County jurisdiction Health Department (if applicable);
- Proof of current liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00. If the Mobile Food Vendor does not have insurance, the Mobile Food Vendor may be under the umbrella of an existing business with the business’ permission to do so. Such arrangement documentation shall be included with the application to the City.
Applications must be mailed to the City Clerk at 3468 N Fulton Avenue, Hapeville, GA 30354 or placed in the utility drop box along with the required documents and application fee. If applicants are cooking in a booth/tent, the Fire Marshal will contact applicant to schedule an inspection once all documents have been received. For more information, email the City Clerk or call 404-766-3004.
For City-Sponsored events or a 501(c) Non-Profit event, please fill out the application in the next section.
Transient Merchant Permits for City-Sponsored and 501(c) Non-Profit Events
A waiver of the application fee may be requested at the time of application by the applicant if:
- The event is a 501(c) non-profit event, and the proof is submitted thereof; or
- An event is a city-sponsored event as determined by the City Manager.
All Transient Merchants must fill out an application form, execute an Indemnification Agreement (PDF), and provide the City with all necessary documentation required (see the section above for a list of required documents).
Download a Transient Merchant application (PDF) for City-Sponsored and 501(c) Non-Profit events. All applications must be mailed to the City Clerk at 3468 N Fulton Avenue, Hapeville, GA 30354 or placed in the utility drop box along with the required documents. Applicants will be contacted by the Fire Marshal to schedule an inspection of their unit once all documents have been received.