Update to 2022+ Property Taxes
All homeowners who have applied for and received the Fulton County Homestead Exemption may qualify for one of the three CITY SPECIFIC exemptions:
- 65+ Aged Exemption - $20,000. Proof of age is required. Proof of income is NOT required.
- Veterans Exemption - $20,000. Proof of veteran status is required.
- Residents who are 100% Disabled - $20,000. Proof of disability status is required. Any percentage of disability does not qualify.
- Resident must show proof of complete and total disability.
- Deadline to apply for CITY SPECIFIC exemption is June 30 of each calendar year.
**A homestead exemption is a legal provision that helps to reduce the amount of property taxes on owner-occupied homes**
Once granted, exemptions are automatically renewed each year. The renewal continues as long as the homeowner continually occupies the property under the same ownership. If the deed is changed, the exemption will be removed, and the property owner will need to re-file.
Please visit the Fulton County's Assessor's Department online at Fulton Assessor Website to find more information about the Homestead Exemption.
Please contact the Property Tax Clerk at 404-669-2102 for questions.